May 16, 2017

RLFblog is Saying Good-bye Blogspot, Hello Wordpress #RLFblog #authors

This is the last day of posts on the old Romance Lives Forever blog site.

It's been home since 2009 and a wonderful place to learn about authors and new books. There have been well over 1500 posts and untold number of readers. I look forward to visiting every day. 

As of tomorrow, May 17, 2017, the hashtag #RLFblog is moving to its new location http://rlfblog.com on the Wordpress platform. I'd love for you to come over, follow the blog via RSS, email or social media.

The new site allows easier navigation, better interface with social media, and enhanced features on the back end. On Blogspot, if I want to change something about a keyword that's been used on several posts, I must go to each individual post. On Wordpress, I simply go to the list of keywords, change it once and it changes on all the posts at once. There are many other features, best of which is that I own the domain name and I can decide what to host, what to share, and how to share it.

The new site permits a dropdown menu with subheadings. If I want to see what books are in the Military Romance category, I can point to the word Romance at the top, and a dropdown menu shows up. I can then choose Military from the list. But surprise! When I point to Military, it shows a sub-category of its own: SEALs. The same way in Paranormal, where it shows Ghost and Shapeshifter. There's also an enhanced search feature at the top left of each page. Entering a book title or an author name will bring up every mention of it on the site. Come try it out!

Authors - come see the new site

Authors, be sure to sign up on the new site for a spot on the blog. All posts on this site with active books were moved to the new site. Book cover ads will remain on both sites through the end of 2017. Until the end of June, buying one year of cover ad space on the new site nets three extra months of exposure.

While I'm saying good-bye to Blogspot, it is a fond farewell and a grateful one. This site was home for many years and I honed my blogging chops here. Now, it's time to move onward and upward. Farewell, Blogspot, and thank you.

The new site will have the same social media connections (with enhanced sharing) plus be connected to Triberr and have an even better reach there.

I want to send a shout-out to Dee Owen at Personalized Marketing, Inc. who helped me design and implement the new site. I could not have done this without her. If you need help with a website, blog, or you want expert marketing assistance, don't hesitate to contact her. Do tell her Kayelle Allen sent you. You'll get a nice discount.

Visit the new Wordpress site https://rlfblog.com

~ Kayelle Allen

56 comments:

  1. Although I've prepared to move for months, I'm surprisingly sad to go. This has been a great place to find new books and meet new authors. I've developed friendships with some amazing authors. Every genre you can think of has been hosted here. I hope everyone will enjoy the new site as much as I have enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed sharing my books on RLF and interacting with readers here. Thanks for providing such a great forum. You are greatly appreciated. See you on the new website!

      Best--Adele

      Delete
  2. Thank you for all that you do for authors and readers. Looking forward to the new site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I have been doing this a long time. :) See you there!

      Delete
  3. I can't even express how much I love the RLF. It's a place I can share my work, and connect with my readers. I am so happy I got to be part of this site. I am looking forward to being part of the new one. Thank you, Kayelle, for all that you do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been one of the rocks this site is anchored on, Susan. Very happy to have you already scheduled on the new one. :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the new site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to miss this site. I have enjoyed the times I have been hosted here, and I've learned so much! I am sure the new blog will be amazing but I will always have a soft spot for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Anne. ^_^ Looking forward to the new one. See you there.

      Delete
  6. Kayelle - this has been a wonderful site. I've enjoyed being hosted and reading about the wonderful books of other authors. While I'm sad to see RLF close, I know the new blog will be wonderful! So this is not good-bye but see you on the new site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right! It's not a forever farewell, just a pause till later. :)

      Delete
  7. Kayelle, thanks for all you do for authors and readers. I'm sure the new site will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Kathy. And I know it will -- you and my other friends will be there!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for all your support, Kayelle! I wish you all the best at the new site and always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosanna. :) Loved having you. See you soon!

      Delete
  9. Love everything you do for authors! Looking forward to the new site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessie! See you over there. :)

      Delete
  10. Bye to an awesome site - can't wait to see the new one. Kayelle, you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Tina! This will be fun. :)

      Delete
  11. Thank you, Kayelle, for the awesome help you are offering us to bring our works in front of readers! I had a shock at first, thinking you are closing it for good, but then reading on I understood. Nevertheless, as you say, it's sad to part from this one.
    Best of luck with the new one!
    I will certainly visit it, too, and ask for a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - sorry to scare you! Glad you'll be coming by. :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for all you've done, Kayelle! I've been a guest a few times. I look forward to the new "crib."
    <3
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June, you'll love it. The new digs are awesome. :)

      Delete
  13. Hello Kayelle,

    Thank you so very much! It has been a pleasure working with you on the RLFblog website. I look forward to watching it and you continually grow.

    Onward and Upward,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could NOT do it without you, Dee. You are the best. :)

      Delete
  14. Good luck on Word Press and thank you for all your promotional help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I love having you stop by. :)

      Delete
  15. I've enjoyed this site and can't wait to see the new one. Best of luck.

    Marilyn Baron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. You are a frequent guest and I look forward to seeing more of you.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for all your support over the years, Kayelle. I'm looking forward to the new site. Congratulations. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honored, Mary. You've been one of the faithful! :)

      Delete
  17. This site has been so instrumental in furthering my writing success. Can't wait to see the new transformation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Reading that makes it worthwhile. :)

      Delete
  18. RLF has always been so warm and welcoming to me (and my other pen name of Lauren Linwood). I look forward to seeing the new site up and running and all the amazing things Kayelle has in store for both readers and authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both your selves are welcome any time ^_^

      Delete
  19. This has been a wonderful site, but I know for a fact the new one will be too! Thanks for all you do, Kayelle. You are an amazing woman and I've always been a bit in awe of your talent and energy. I'll definitely be following you over to the new home! Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Monica! See you over there. :)

      Delete
  20. I'm looking forward to seeing the new website! Thank you for the opportunity to connect with readers through RLF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Hope to see you back many times.

      Delete
  21. Thank you so much, Kayelle, for all that you do for authors and readers. Looking forward to the new website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's a joy to care for this site. I love doing it.

      Delete
  22. Thank you for your support to indie authors, Kayelle! Good luck with the new site and hope to associate with you again sometime in future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and I hope to see you there often. :)

      Delete
  23. Just another transition... we'll see you over at the new site, Kayelle!

    Hugs, Lisabet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another chapter in a very big book! :)

      Delete
  24. I'll miss this site but am looking forward to the new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my habit to pop in every morning. It'll be like driving to the old job when I have a new one. LOL :)

      Delete
  25. Thanks Kayelle and RLF! Happy to see you're not closing, just moving! The new site looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! I hope you'll be over there soon. :)

      Delete
  26. It's the end of an era! :'(
    But I know better things are to come so I'll try not to sniffle too much! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. It's a big change but so worth it. :)

      Delete
  27. Thank you for supporting authors! *holding virtual glass of champagne* Here's to the new site and new memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll happily drink to that post. :) See you over at the digs, Alanna!

      Delete
  28. I've learned a lot from you and your Marketing For Romance Writers email group. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I look forward to reading your posts on your new site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be very nice to see you over there, Marcia. :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...